Sunday, February 27, 2011

Moving, Shifting, whatever.

We have re-located our personal base—more familiarly known as our “home.”

After a week of painting and sickiness and packing and all the general business associated with moving, I now sit on my bed in my blue & green room at the end of the hallway. There are two mattresses on the wall, boxes clutter my already normally messy room, and I really should be fixing that. I have to admit, I am exhausted. After going through flu and now a terrible cold, my family hasn’t had the easiest moving week. But we’re here now. We’re done re-locating, shifting, moving, switching houses, whatever you want to call it.

I was really hoping that with the moving process, the stress I’ve been dealing with would leave. Not really. I guess everyone’s stressed out at some point(s) in time. But with the play I’m organizing, and the work I’m supposed to be doing and the friends I’m supposedly juggling, it doesn’t leave much time for stress-relieving activities. I know shifting takes a lot out of people, but when your entire family comes down with the stomach flu, it takes even more. All people get to the end of their rope, the problem comes when it’s time to re-lengthen it. Tug-of-war never ends easily.

But how can Jesus say, “My yoke is easy and my burden is light,”!? He’s got the whole world in His hands!! Because of the verses in front of that one. “I will give,” “I am gentle and humble in heart.” That’s what He says. He was always shifting, moving, changing, on display. He doesn’t complain, I shouldn’t either. He always gives, I should too. The problem is not realizing that, but applying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Have any suggestions? I'd love to hear from you! :)